Sunday, December 5, 2010

Freedom Write #2

I know that I have a ridiculous imagination.  I attribute to two things: all the reading I've done and the way that I'm kept relatively young by being around kids for eight hours of my day.  Some people's brains are wired for statistics and sciences.  My brain? It's not wired for those... definitely not.  I think my head is screwed on straight but the connectors are just WACKY.  I've written a series of stories in my life that I'd like to see published as illustrated books for little kids.  I think it'd be a great thing to keep on the back burner for when I'm a mother.  I'll probably tell those stories over and over again (revise and revise) and feel comfortable with sending them to a publisher.  I'll need an illustrator so I'll be on the lookout for people who are interested. :) We can rise to critical acclaim together.  (Kidding.  Maybe not.)

This leads me to the papers I've been reading that y'all wrote for me.  Some people crinkle their noses and wrinkle their forehead when they hear I teach eighth graders.  They say that you all aren't kids anymore... that you're becoming too grown up too quickly.  I always say that you guys have a better imagination than adults would think.  (And as advice, I think they think you lack imagination because of too much tv and too many videogames)  As I read these stories, reflections, and memories I see
maturity,
meaningful character interaction,
artfully crafted sentences,
masterful sentence formation,
and imagination.


Just so you know... I'm really impressed.  I hope that you'll be happy to share your stories when you get them back in class. I'd be willing to read them for you. I'll even keep your name anonymous if you'd prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to comment, your ID name will be your class team name and the number assigned to you in class.
On the "comment as" toolbar, choose NAME/URL.
Enter your ID and number.
No URL is necessary.

All comments will be sent to Miss Drosdick for approval.
You need not register for a Google ID.
After you submit your post, a yellow box will appear telling you your comment is awaiting moderation.