Monday, December 6, 2010

Week #1: Journal Responses

Choose two journal responses to write responses for on paper or online in this blog by Friday, December 10. Use your assigned blog name and number to respond.  These will be graded using the check system: 65, 75, 85, 95, 100.

65: Anne is a flat character.  Right now she's just annoying other people in the house.  Like Peter.
75:  
85:
95:
Anne is a round character. Anne is called "mercurial" in the text.  That means she is constantly changing.  So far, what we've seen of Anne has been relatively one-sided: loud.  Anne is a teenager which teenage interests: seeing her friends, celebrities, and most certainly not being babied.  Anne seems to really seek Peter's attention.  Maybe it's because she misses interaction with kids her own age since she's not at school and can't see Jopie.  Maybe it's because he's a boy.  Either way, he wants no part of it.  Margot is the conscientious and studious one.  She seems interested in her schoolwork and is shy; therefore, Anne doesn't connect with her.  They're close to the same age but they seem worlds apart. Anne herself is spirited and chipper, an attribute that I predict will get her into trouble.  Anne is certainly NOT a flat character.
100:

2 comments:

  1. Journal # 3

    If I had to live in hiding and did not have any electronic items and could not make a sound from 9am-6pm, my schedule would be very different than the schedule I have now. From 9am-10am, I would go to the bathroom and fix my hair and clothes. Then, from 10am-11am, I would silently eat my breakfast. After that, I would read from 11am-2pm. Then I would play solitaire with myself or play cards with someone else from 2pm-4pm. Then, I would fill out books such as mad libs or crossword puzzles from 4pm-5pm. Finally, I would write in my diary about what had happened that day from 5pm-6pm. If I had to record my day in intervals of one hour on a normal day, it would probably look very different. It would be: from 9am-3pm I would be in school. From 3pm-5pm, I would be doing my homework, and from 5pm-6pm I would be on the computer. I don’t know how I would survive the way that Anne Frank did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Journal Response #2;

    When you go into hiding, you brace yourself for loneliness. You have nobody to turn to when your problems become too hard to handle. Your mom is always there for you, but you’re uncomfortable talking about this situation to her. Your sister is older, and has experience, but takes things too seriously. The only one you trust with your problems is your friend. Your best friend. After a long time, I could not make due without my best friend, or any good friend at that. She’s there for you day and night. She’ll give up anything for you and you guys have the best memories together, good and bad. You don’t realize how good something or someone is until they’re gone. For good. Without a friend to talk to, I might just go insane. I wouldn’t be able to deal with my problems if I didn’t have the advice that came from someone who’s been around me for so long and knows the best thing to do. She’s perfect for me. Without the comfort of my best friend, my mind would go crazy.

    Journal Response #3;

    9AM- Yoyo and board games start the day.
    10AM- Draw many pictures to hang up on my wall.
    11AM- Write in my diary about the day so far.
    12PM- W.C. then pick out my clothes for the following day.
    1PM- School work begins. Math is first.
    2PM- Language Arts work.
    3PM-Go over schoolwork with father.
    4PM- Go over my studies with older sister.
    5PM- Play with cat and dress up.
    6PM- Help get ready for supper.

    * DON'T POST PLEASE.

    ReplyDelete

If you wish to comment, your ID name will be your class team name and the number assigned to you in class.
On the "comment as" toolbar, choose NAME/URL.
Enter your ID and number.
No URL is necessary.

All comments will be sent to Miss Drosdick for approval.
You need not register for a Google ID.
After you submit your post, a yellow box will appear telling you your comment is awaiting moderation.